Monday, May 4, 2009

Now I really have something to tell... Whenever Josh is gone, i usually hang out with my mom. So on Saturday, after I cleaned and did laundry, I decided to head over to my mom's house. I went down Hermosa Vista to Gilbert and was waiting at the light which always takes forever to turn green. It finally did, and this time I actually looked to make sure cars were slowing down. I went to make my left hand turn to go North on Gilbert road and I looked to the left and a little black Dodge in the far left lane going South on Gilbert was coming at me. I remember thinking something like "Why isn't she stopping?" and then, bam! She hit me. I don't remember the initial hit or moving or my car sliding into another car stopped at the light in the traffic going North on Gilbert road. When I finally came back, I saw my cracked windshield and it took a few seconds to realize what had just happened. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car and noticed everyone else was walking around. A witness stopped and asked if I was ok and told me that the lady driving the Dodge did run the red light. I asked him if I could use his phone cause I couldn't find mine and I called my mom.



The first police officer showed up and started talking to the witness and the other driver. I was just waiting there, going through crying sessions. While I was crying the fire department and the ambulance came. Also, I want to mention how great my family is. I made one phone call, and before I knew it, my grandma and grandpa, Jenna, Todd, Mac, my mom, Bryce, his friend Michael, and my Aunt Gayle were there. I also called Josh but he didn't get reception in California so i left him a message. He didn't get it until Sunday morning so he was worried.





One of the firemen knew my family and so he helped me get everything out of my car so they could tow it away. The trunk was stuck so they had to help me open it.



I watched as they towed the first car I have ever owned away. At the time there was so much going on, of course, but now I'm kinda sad to think I probabaly won't drive my Mazda anymore. It honestly was such a great car.



After we got all the info we needed we went to my mom's truck and my Grandpa and Todd gave me a blessing which I am so grateful for. Everyone told me I should go to the hospital to get check out. I was kinda sore and it was hard to walk on my heel so we were off to the hospital. This is the first time I have ever been in the hospital for myself! It wasn't fun at all. I waited forever! But everything turned out to be alright. I'm just bruised and sore! BTW... this is the first thing Josh saw when he got his phone turned on.
At least I was smiling?



Well, I really feel so blessed. My grandpa said if i had been a little farther out in the intersection she would've hit the driver's side door, which would've been me. Looking at me, you wouldn't know I was in an accident. The Lord was really watching out for me and I have so much to be thankful for. It was scary but no one was hurt. I know I wrote a lot but I really needed to write it down for myself cause I'm a horrible journal writer... Well, I'll let you know how it all turns out!





9 comments:

Cajsa said...

How scary!!! I am glad you are ok!!

Julz said...

Holy Cow Emily! That is so scary! I KNOW that you were blessed! Still...too close for comfort! So glad that you are fine!

Jaclyn said...

Oh we are so glad you are okay! I'm so sorry about your car... it's hard to see other's choices impact your life. But you were definitely protected and watched over! We're glad everyone is alright!

Turleygirl said...

Oh Emily, I am so glad that you are ok. What a scary thing. I am sorry about your car. Better it than you. You sure do have a great support system.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad your ok!!! Wow... Car accidents are NO FUN whatsoever!

kami said...

ah! that is so scary but i am so glad you are okay!!

{love, mj.} said...

wow! crazy! im glad you are ok!

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! Scary. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so fine. I hate bad drivers and especially when they are out in the road while I am driving. Please let me know if you and Josh need anything or if there is anything we can do for you. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Someone so sweet like you did not deserve something bad like this to happen too.

Autumn Fauver said...

Hey I don't know if you remember me much Emily its been a long time! I just ran into your blog and I thought I would stop and say hello!

Autumn Fauver (Glidewell)