Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm a Slacker!

It's been a while... there's not much that has happened to us that is quite blog worthy. Josh is gone on a Drill Weekend in California so I thought I'd update the old blog. Josh and I did make a really fun purchase! We both love to play the piano but we don't have a ton of money or much room so we bought a digital piano from Costco. It is the funnest thing, it sounds like a real piano and it also has an Ipod dock. It's really great. Sometimes, I have to threaten to take the cord away cause Josh is playing the piano instead of doing homework.





Update on Mac... He's almost 5 months old and 2 of his bottom teeth are coming in. You can actually see them, it's crazy how time goes so fast. I can make him laugh pretty good, I have to act like I'm crazy but he loves it. Jenna and Todd bought a house out in Queen Creek so I'm gonna have to drive 30 minutes to see them. I'm kinda sad but I'm so excited for them to be home owners. Mac's wearing my sunglasses in this picture... he looks good!





Well, Blake's been out for almost 8 months now! I can't believe it. He's doing great. His birthday is on May 25th and he'll be 20 years old! His grammar in his emails is getting worse but I've heard that means they're speaking the language there better. Surprisingly I miss him. I always said I couldn't wait until he left on his mission but I really do miss him. My cousin Brady Freeman comes home on the 13th and I'm way excited. He was seriously the life of the party. He's been on a mission in Korea and I can't wait to see him.

My mom is doing good. She's a Laurel adviser and still works a lot. She bought a new camping trailer that we are so excited to use this summer up in the White Mountains. It's so nice compared to her old one. I still hang out with her a lot, even though Josh is home now. She is really the best mom and I'm so grateful for her!


(Elder Blake Smith)

Our update... Josh is almost done with this semester of school and is so ready for a break. During the long awaited 2 week break we're going to go up to Utah and just relax. We haven't made plans other than where we're staying. I want to go to a couple shops and Josh wants to see my uncle's Military museum. I'm so excited to spend some time with Josh. I feel like I never see him. He's been so busy with school and work so this vacation is much needed! I'll try to remember to take pictures while we're up there so I can post them. I can't promise anything though, I'm the worst!

Here's a few random pictures...



Josh being gross...



Mac was lovin' the swing! So cute!



Josh's 26th birthday! I made the candle in the shape of a J... I didn't have enough candles for the old fart.



A tree in my mom's yard rotted and my grandpa was on a fork lift cutting down the branches. He's pretty much crazy but I love him.



Here's my beautiful mom!

Well... This has taken me long enough so that's all for now!

4 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

Hey Emily! You and Josh are so cute. I can't believe Blake has been gone for so long...and it's even crazier that Brady is coming home. Enjoy the time with your hubby in Utah!

Julz said...

I love that you have to threaten to take the cord away from Josh so he'll do his homework. It sounds like me and Kaden.

Hina Schneider said...

How exciting! A new piano I would love to have a piano some day in my home. We totally need to hang out. Its been a while

Turleygirl said...

What a great post Emily. You sure do have an Awesome family. Have fun in Utah.