Thursday, March 8, 2012

So last week was Josh's birthday. He had drill the next day so we really didn't have anything planned. We went to dinner with his parents and it was delicious. I felt so bad cause I could not think of what to get him and I remembered I saw this cake in a book on my Ipad. I asked Jenna if she would help me make it cause she has always loved to bake. I went to her house on his birthday while he was at work and school. I think I'm really dumb when it comes to cooking or baking; I thought this would be a piece of cake...haha. But it wasn't. We had 3 unhappy kids and 2 adults with marshmallow fondant all over our hands. Britain crawled over Jack's face, literally, and we thought the cake was going to be a total disaster. And by the time we thought that, we'd already been working on it for about 4 hours. So, we called our mom to come help us with the kids. We finally finished and if you don't look too close, it turned out pretty well! Josh can solve a Rubik's Cube, which is why I wanted to make it. But anyways, I think he liked it.






And this day finally came... the day that Jack will play with toys by himself. Not for too long, but it's a start.





We sure love this boy!

1 comment:

Pallets and Pearls said...

I think it turned out great!! I can't believe how big Jack is! You guys need to come over and play sometime. My contacts were deleted so call me sometime!