Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Friend

I have to start this post by saying to the few people who still read this blog that, by the request of Emily, the illustrious duty of updating our few loyal followers on the events of our lives via blog has fallen to her far worse half....me. If you don't know who I am then you're probably better off by just knowing my wonderfully sweet wife. Since this is my first of however many posts Emily wants me to do, I find it fitting that I take a little time to brag.

The scriptures say that men should cleave unto their wives...the general understanding of that phrase is that men should commit themselves completely. In my opinion, that phrase should have been translated a little differently. It should have said something like, "Men should cleave unto their wives and speedily do whatever is desired by them for thou shalt probably be better off anyways idiot." And so it is that I am sitting here trying desperately to put into words on a computer screen what I feel in the deepest depths of my soul. Besides, who could say no to Emily?

For those lucky people who have had the privilege to get to know Emily and for those not-so-lucky people who have had the misfortune of meeting me, you are probably just as confused as I am that she conceded her eternal future to me. She is the sweetest, most gentle, most kind, most loveable, most forgiving, most patient, and most beautiful girl I've ever known and ever heard of. I used to think that I must have done something extraordinary to deserve an eternal companion like her but now I know that my Father in Heaven knew that in order to bring out my full, meager potential I would need a girl by my side who was as close to perfection as anyone can be. She knows literally everything about me and still insists on loving me. I thank The Lord every day for that great gift.

If you know me at all, you know that it is no small thing for me to bare my soul and expose my feelings like this.I promise to the reader that I will post more about our everyday lives but I wanted to put into words at least a portion of the gratitude I feel for the never-ending privilege it is to live every day with Emily smiling at me. She's my wife, my sweetheart, and my best friend. I love her.

6 comments:

Lachelle Merrill said...

That was the sweetest post ever!!! I made Colin read it haha!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Julz said...

Well said, well said...(my dreams of having a blogging brother have finally come true!)

Paul and Jenny Stoker said...

That will teach Emily to ask you to blog again. Eventhough everything was totaly true, I am sure she was emberassed by it.

Jen West said...

Welcome to the blogging world! That was a sweet post. Know that I will read either of you, so blog away!

Mandi Abaroa said...

Can you teach Tyson that special scripture???? LOL! What a sweet hubby Emily!

Josh and Emily said...

He was supposed to write about our trip to Atlanta but this was cute. Isn't he great