Monday, September 15, 2008

Grandpa Hiett


I know I've already posted this picture but I wanted to post it again. This is my great grandpa, Delbert Hiett. He died today, September 15, 2008. He was 91 years old and ready to go see my great grandma. Josh and I lived right next to him for a year, up until Josh was deployed. We really got to know him and love him so much more. He was one of the most generous people I know. He always wanted to help us out however he could. We loved listening to his stories and he would say funny things like "onced a day." Grandpa always took me for rides in his "doodlebug" (electric car) which was a little scary cause he would get right on the edge of the sidewalk. He was an amazing guy and a wonderful Grandpa. I know he's in a better place right now, but I'm really going to miss him.

3 comments:

{love, mj.} said...

oh how sad! sounds like he was ready to go though... tell jenna i said hi!

Hina Schneider said...

Oh that is so sad. May he rest in peace.

Marisa said...

That is so hard... I lost both grandpa's last year. Its hard to know they are just in a better and happier place. How wonderful for him :)