Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's been a while... a long while. No specific reason for the post, just thought I needed an updated picture of the boy. Jack is growing so fast and and he's got a big personality. He loves to play and he's constantly on the move. He likes to throw balls and play basketball. He loves his uncle Jake. We live with Jake now and he gets so excited to see him. Unfortunately Jack has also learned how to growl when I don't let him do something and I can't figure out how to get him to stop. We taught him how to be soft instead of hitting (i think it's his way of petting) Mckays new bunny. So now when Josh is holding Jack and we say "be soft" he'll pet Josh's beard. He finally fits into 12 month pants at 16 months. He likes to dance and he's getting some new moves.
Josh got into Dental School! We're so excited! He got accepted to Midwestern out in Glendale and starts in the fall so we will probably leave Mesa for a bit. I'm so happy for him and that all his hard work paid off. He's applying for a Navy Scholarship. His recruiter says it looks pretty good for him and we should find out in the next week or so if he got it. School is so dang expensive and the scholarship would be awesome.
I got released from my Young Women's calling last Sunday, and I did not realize it would be so hard. I'll admit, I didn't always have a good attitude about going to mutual but I really got to know those Beehives and they were the best. I really hope I taught them something and I'm really going to miss them. I knew it was coming, but when they actually released me, I started crying. I'm not much of a crier (sp?) but it was a bit emotional and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow in such a fun calling. 
So there's my un-lengthy update of the family. We're excited for 2013 and all the new things to come! :)

No comments: