Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hey it's me, Emily, the slacker. I'm back for just a short post dedicated to my hubby! Josh has been at Corporal's Course out in Glendale for a week and a half now I miss him so much! You'd think 2 weeks wouldn't phase me at all but it does.

So when Josh was in Africa he was talking about being promoted to Corporal and he couldn't because someone didn't sign his paper when he was promoted to Lance Corporal. That means he lost like 4 months of time to raise his score. Our luck isn't so good.. Anyways, he missed the cutting score by 2 Points! It's so frustrating. Eventually he was promoted and it's been a while since then.

A month or two ago he was going to be put in for a meritorious promotion and he spent a lot of time getting all the papers in order and getting his picture taken. After a few weeks we found out that admin lost his picture! Again... our luck isn't so good.

Then... we were waiting for Friday for the cutting score to come out to see if he was going to be promoted to Sergeant. He called me Tuesday to tell me that someone told him the scores came out and he missed it by 3 points. We were both bummed! I couldn't believe that this would happen again. I felt so bad for him. After I got off of work he called to tell me that the guy was wrong and he was 3 points over! I was soooo excited! He's going to be promoted in July and he'll be Sergeant Johnson. I'm probably more excited than most about this but it seems like he's always trying so hard and things don't always work out. But it did this time! Anyways I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see him on Monday!

P.S. i'm not totally sure of the order of everything in the story but I tried!




6 comments:

kami said...

congratulations josh! that is so awesome that you are seeing the rewards of your hard work!

Hina Schneider said...

That is so awesome. Congrats Josh what an accomplishment.

Jen West said...

That is so awesome! Congrats to you both. I know it is a team effort. R will be happy to hear, too :)

Mandi Abaroa said...

Yay for Josh!!! You know, I've always admired how organized and on top of things the Marines are.....not! I'm glad finally something came through for him. I hope you are doing good!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sergeant Johnson! Way to go, that's really amazing. What a great accomplishment.

Monroe Family said...

Yay! Congrats Josh! Em, it was so good to get to see you at Heather's shower.